N Scale KATO AT&SF El Capitan 10 Car Set w/ Display Track Item #106-084
In the late 50’s, the Santa Fe would run the Super Chief and El Capitan as a combined train, with consists that could vary but were often upwards of 18-20 cars. Kato USA has put together a small video presentation featuring this combined consist, as accurately reproduced using cars from both of the classic name train series sets and their supporting add-on packs of cars.
Passenger Car Features:
- Specialized tooling for all cars, including the Baggage-Dormitory visual transition car and the step-down coach car.
- Tail-end coach has illuminated marker lights and light-up “El Capitan” conquistador Drumhead.
- Each car is equipped with low flange wheels, KATO magnetic knuckle couplers and shock absorber construction for smooth and reliable operation.
- Colored interiors to more closely match the prototypes.
- Can be paired up with the Santa Fe Super Chief to replicate post-1958 combination trains.
- Interior of cars can be lighted with optional installation of #11-211/212 Interior Light Kit with White LED.
2 in stock